{ considering the creative aspects of place, home, memory & what it means to dwell }

Friday, June 17, 2011

Mostly Raw, Dairy-free Lasagna


My lighting sales rep. gave me the idea to make a raw lasagna, since I really don't cook by recipe, I made my own version. I cheated a little and sauteed some red onion and mushroom to add an earthy-meaty-ness to make it a little more hearty in flavor...The layers are made of sliced zucchini, pesto, "cheese" and tomato sauce. The pesto was made with the leaves from 3 different basil varieties we had in our garden, some cilantro, 1 garlic clove, about 1C EVOO, and 1T lemon juice (approx.). The tomato sauce...mmm...just fresh pureed cherry tomatoes. The "cheese" is 2C cashews, about 1-2C EVOO, lemon juice 1T or so chopped to the consistency of a natural peanut butter (I made mine in a magic bullet but it wasn't exactly magic). If there's any sensitivity to nuts, I think this would have been really tasty with more traditional ricotta.

Topped it with chives from the garden and I think that's it! It was just as tasty for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment